Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Harvester Preparations - Necrons Complete

I completed my brother's Necron army. He was pretty pleased to see it, despite me only really going to tabletop minimum. I don't have enough time to get all of this painted to the standard I like, with lots of washing, highlighting, drybrushing, detailing, etc. So I just got him to tournament legal, and luckily he understands that and didn't expect much more. Regardless he is excited to try his first 40k Grand Tournament out with them.
Some different angle shots of the Monolith. The centerpiece of his army. I took a little more time with this one than the rest because I knew it would be the most noticeable. I think those extra plates really help it to stand out. As you can see the front has the symbol of his Dynasty.
Triarch Stalker with heat ray. An excellent all-comers choice for this model.
The Overlord and Lord. Each with Resurrection Orb, and the Overlord with a Warscythe. You may notice on the base of the Overlord the warpstone from my Verminlord Skrax army. Just a little homage. "COME AND GET IT, SKRAX!"
Front and back of his Cryptek. I like the way the big metallic tentacle turned out. The way the back blends into it gives me sort of a 'viper' vibe.
10 Lychguard, swords and boards.
3 Canoptek Wraiths, basic loadout with just the claws.
5 Deathmarks. A flexible and versatile little unit.
7 Immortals with Gauss Blasters. An odd number, but we ran out of points.
15 Warriors.
And 15 Warriors.
Finally his formatted list he will be presenting to his opponents.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, love the Monolith, are they noticeably better now in 8th? Mine always died one shot in 7th....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say the monolith is better with the switch to wounds. They have 20 wounds on a toughness 8 model with a 3+ save. They are pretty tough.

      Delete