Saturday, November 18, 2017

Censers & Tocsins - Chaos Marauders of Nurgle Supplement Finished

That last time I played with my AoS Nurgle army, I found the MVP to be my marauders. So I looked into getting some more, so I can fit into that maximum 40 strong with the discount sweet spot. Luckily the starter set bloodreavers are still being sold for cheap on various bits sites. This grants me an additional 20. However, I struggled enough with the first batch to make each unique, so I decided to try something different with them, yet make it so they still fit in with the others.
I came with an idea for a fungus that slowly consumes their identity. This fungus spreads primarily over the head of the host, then consumes it, replacing it for full control of the body. This is the fate awaiting all the marauders. But they of course see it as a blessing, not a curse. A way to submit fully to nurgle's will. They call themselves the Cultivated. As you can see in the image above, I arranged them to show the various stages of the fungal growth (from top left to bottom right).
And here is the horde all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment