Monday, September 14, 2015

Warmachine/Hordes - Legion of Everblight Extreme Scythean

This will be something new for me, especially on this blog. An acquaintance locally likes my conversion work I have been doing, and he commissioned me to do some work for him. He plays Warmachine/Hordes and had an idea for something he thought would be cool.

I don't play Warmachine/Hordes, but I know enough about the setting to get around the fluff. I know of the Legion of Everblight. My friend has apparently dreamed of having a model that technically does not exist. The Scytheans have a distinct feature, and that is their large terrifying scythes.
My friend wanted a larger version of one, similar to the Extreme Carnivean.
So we are going to make him an Extreme Scythian. The plan is to take the original Extreme Carnivean model and modify it. My friend provided me with a painted model that he planned on stripping and painting anyway, so I didn't have to worry about preserving the original paintjob.

So I chopped off the big palms at the elbows and, being the 40k fan I am, knew of the perfect bits to put in its place. Large Carnifex talons.
This was just a test gluing to get the idea of the conversion. The next step is to pin the plastic claws onto the metal elbows, and then do the greenstuff. It will take a lot of greenstuff. Tyranid have a boney chitinous look, whereas Everblight warbeasts have more of a muscle appearance. The greenstuff work will change that.

I will post updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment