Monday, July 27, 2015

Forgesworn Eternals - Lord-Celestant on Dire Bear

I had to do this post because I finally found it! The perfect bear head for my Lord-Celestant conversion.
Just try to cut out with your minds the main body and legs of the metal bear behind the Dracoth torso from the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth mount.

The plan right now is to cut off that head from this perfectly good metal mini [cries internally], somehow get it to mount solidly in the hollow body, green stuff the gaps by making fur, and green stuff fur allover the exposed scaly skin of the dracoth to make it into a true dire bear.

I had first purchased this mini from reaper. The neck was the right size, but it was still too small. The muzzle would have looked really small compared to the body. So I went to a couple toy stores, hoping some plastic toy bears could work. They didn't. Too many were portrayed as docile creatures and not befitting the dire bear. Finally I took a plunge and bought this guy. It was a risk because if it wouldn't work, that would be $20 down the drain.

I am glad to say I am pretty confident with this one. Now to get some heavy convertin' goin' on.

stormcast eternals conversion
age of sigmar conversion
lord-celestant conversion

No comments:

Post a Comment