Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Forthammer Clan Throng - Longbeards WIP

The Duardin for my LVO list will be somewhat modest. I have more points in the Stormcast Eternals. These guys are meant to provide the ranged support. However I did need another battleline unit, so there really is no better battleline (in my opinion) than Duardin Longbeards. They are decently tough for single wound models and also buff other Dispossessed units. Not a bad choice.
Far left is the Old Guard (unit leader). His arms are from the Cogsmith kit, and his left arm will be holding a shield to the ground. Next is the standard bearer, using an older Warriors kit standard. The Longbeards kit standard is being used for my army standard bearer model. Next is the drummer.
I recycled some old axe bits from the old Warriors kit. You may recognize the axe-head on the far right as coming from my Unforged conversion.

They are all equipped with great weapons and shields, and I tried to model them as such, deviating from the they-all-look-the-same-rank-and-file style of build they were designed for. I wanted each mini to have some personality. It makes sense that each weapon will be unique because in Dwarf lore, each warrior's weapons and sometimes their armor are passed down through generations with lots of history tied to each.

No comments:

Post a Comment