Thursday, October 19, 2017

Tempest Eye Rangers - Freeguild General

For narrative purposes I knew I wanted a Hero to lead my Handgunners. Looking through all the warscrolls, I found one that I could bring and actually buff them without being the general, as these guys are only meant to be a minor addition to a mixed Order army. That is the Freeguild General, but only if he has the Stately War Banner.
Obviously he is made from the Excelsior Warpriest, but the banner is from the Black Ark Corsairs with the banner top from some of my random Brettonian bits I had lying around. The arms and pistol are from the Arkanaut Company kit. He has shoulder armor from the Longbeards kit. Finally he has a sword on his left hip that is from the Shadow Warriors. I think this creates a cool blend of all the races' contributions, which is what the free cities are all about.
Here he is with the whole unit. He will fit in better when they are all painted the same.
I really like this addition to my Order forces, in fact, I have already started thinking about a possible aelven unit and hero to add, to cover the main races of a free city. Likely something also from Tempest's Eye.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing conversions. Just starting a Tempest Eye army and this is a huge inspiration! Cheers, Rich (England)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complement, man. I appreciate it. Good luck on your Tempest's Eye army!

      Delete
  2. I know this is a months old post, but I must say that this conversions are really well done! These are a huge inspiration for my inquisition acolytes, especially with bolters/stormbolter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man. Speaking of acolytes with bolters, you might want to check out my older posts involving my conversions for my Inquisition army. http://bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/search/label/inquisition

      Delete