Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Klad Barag - Painted!

 It's finally completed, the Klad Barag! A daunting task and one of the models I have spent the most time painting to date. It's an imposing model and makes a great centerpiece for my Dispossessed.
Amidst a Dispossessed battle line.
Liberator for scale.
One thing that is making this wieldy is how I looked into magnetizing it. There are six 1/4" rare earth magnets in 3 points on the model for easy disassemble and transport (which I am on the lookout for a good modular pistol case nearby).
For the longest time I have been intending to use him as a counts-as Drakesworn Templar, because it's a really big Order model with a lot of firepower and powerful melee that can ally with my dispossessed. But I have found another warscroll which could serve as its rules. A Spirit of Durthu. It may be weird because that is a Sylvaneth warscroll, but every rule fits this guy. Slow move, poweful but short ranged attack, absolutely brutal melee, no fly... this warscroll is speaking its language.

Regardless of what I use it for, the important thing is it will provide that big centerpiece the Dispossessed desperately need, for now. Until GW wises up and makes something similar.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks man! I appreciate the comment. I am pretty proud of him.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely outstanding conversion on steam-Mecha, and the colour scheme really catches the eye even on the thumbnails.

    If I may ask, considering you may very well be running this as a Spirit of Durthu have you thought maybe using the rest of the Sylaneth rules to represent other dwarf constructs?

    For example Kurnoth Hunters could be smaller versions of this guy and something like Dryads could be hoards of disposable worker automatas, even the Wyldwoods could be represented as factory/steam spires chugging out more automata endlessly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I am using the spirit of durthu purely for the rules. I do not plan on building an army around it. Already using this as the SoD ventures more into the 'proxy' territory than I am comfortable with. I really don't expect to be able to use this thing at GW events because it would purely be a proxy for whatever rules I use for it. And doing a dwarf steam mech force which doesn't resemble the original sylvaneth at all would be proxying, although cool. I just hope GW catches up one day and gets us some big constructs to use with our duardin.

      Delete