Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Coven of Verminlord Skrax - Painted Models Part 6

The Venoms I am especially proud of, as I discovered a simple and effective way of painting a rusted metal look on the engine and thruster parts. It's simply a basecoat of Mournfang Brown (mixed with a little Agrax Earthshade to improve flow and make sure it gets in all the nooks and crannies), then when that's dry, you drybrush heavily Leadbelcher overtop. That's pretty much it! I've seen a similar effect done with very careful weathering and pigment powders, but I was so pleased with the experiment that I stuck with it on all of them. I wanted to keep the Dark Eldar look of the real Venom parts as is so it really looks like the rat-engineers were really only interested in salvaging and souping up old Venom wrecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment