|Next on the strips, you mark out 1" marks and cut them on those marks. This should create your little bricks. You will need a lot of them.|
|Now we have all our little bricks done, you essentially have a bucket of Lego that you can use to build your structures.|
|Last step before painting is gluing down sand. I did some on top of the bricks as well.|
|And lastly you paint and decorate.|
For painting I just used cheap craft paints.
- For the ground I base coated it with a medium gray, washed with black, and drybrushed in a forest green in a blotchy pattern.
- For the stones and walls I based them with a dark grey and washed with black. Then I sponged a medium gray allover the bricks for texture. Finally I drybrushed a light gray especially around the edges.
- The wooden floors were based with a chocolate brown, washed with black, then drybrushed with a light brown (almost tan).
- Next I did some creeping vines using a very similar technique shown here (scroll down to Finishing Touches).
- Once the vines are dry, I gave everything a coat of Mod Podge. After the Mod Podge dries, it had a slightly satin or glossy sheen, so I did a final coat of a spray on matte varnish.
- Final step is hotglue on some cheap aquarium plants to create colorful vegetation.