Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Conversion Plans - Giant Duardin Steam Mech

As I have insinuated before, I have big plans. I got enraptured by the release news for the Kharadron Overlords, and have been eating up any information I can glean on them. Definitely a cool take on dwarfs, that still helps them retain their dwarfiness. The model range is beautiful from what we've seen so far. The latest White Dwarf fortunately has given us a lot of information about them.

So on to my project. As of right now, I have no plans to build a Kharadron Overlords army, yet. But I will be building something for my existing Dispossessed army. Keeping in the theme of the family of eccentric engineers that is the Forthammer Clan, they of course wouldn't settle at just their last creation alone. The next step is to make a grand idol to Grungni. A massive steam mech.
I have been kicking around an idea for a big mech for quite some time now. I figured the Imperial Knight would be a good basis, but I was lacking some good parts to help sell the dwarf feel of it. Enter the Kharadron Overlords, more specifically the Arkanaut Frigate.
This page from the White Dwarf helped sell the idea on it. Assuming the base is indeed a 120mm oval (as some have insisted it is), then the large endrin (those big floating balls) is the right size to match the imperial knight's pauldrons. From that I can glean the rest of the conversions. I have a lot of ideas kicking around in my head for it.

I will try to do some regular posts on its progress and experimentation. Rumor is pre-orders go up on the 15th, though. So it will still be a couple weeks before I get the kit in my hands. However I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment