Thursday, April 13, 2017

Censers & Tocsins - Chaos Warriors of Nurgle Finished

Another chunk of my Nurgle force is completed. Again, these are my chaos warriors with marks of nurgle. I used the starter set blood warriors as base, and as usual, a bunch of extra Putrid Blightking bits.
A couple things you may note, the shield carried by the champion (top middle on second picture) is a Liberator shield. Part of that was because I didn't have enough Blightking shields, but also I figured a little narrative opportunity. Normally when a Stormcast Eternal dies, their body and armor gets taken up back to Azyr. Somehow this warrior had scratched in the 3 circled of Nurgle in the Liberator's shield during their little duel, and when he finally vanquished his foe, the shield remained, as Nurgle's power had claimed it. He took this shield as a trophy and it gave him his status as champion of the unit. You will also notice the shield is painted in the same colors as my Forgesworn Eternals. No coincidence there.

The banner's logo was a conscious choice. I am thinking of proceeding with a piracy theme for these guys, maybe in the skies or high seas, not sure yet. So the rusted cutlass behind the logo of Nurgle will help fit that theme. This will also be reflected in the basing sometime in the future.

Next on my painting table are my Marauders.

No comments:

Post a Comment