Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Klad Barag - Torso WIP

Well there is no turning back now. I have no choice but to make this conversion project work. I have massacred the Frigate and Knight kits to a point to where they are no longer salvagable on their own. All in the name of making this ambitious (but potentially very cool) conversion happen.
Luckily things seem to be going well so far. I have completed all the bits and plasticard for the main torso. This is meant to sell the majority of the look of the project. My goal is to use as little of the Imperial Knight kit as possible so it doesn't look like it's supposed to be another 'counts-as knight' model. Especially with the armor plates. Those are what sell the look of the original knight, and I want this to be unique. Lucky for me the Arkanaut Frigate kit provides plenty of cool bits that will help sell the duardin look of this.
Of course the kit comes with the main hull in 2 parts, so I had to cut that up significantly to get the plating I need. I utilized most of the hull on the torso here alone, which means I will have to get creative for armor plating for the limbs and pelvis.

Also I have settled on a name for this contraption. The KLAD BARAG! It utilizes some original Khazalid words for "ironclad" and "war machine". A fitting title for this creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment